Wayne and Mary Curham were married for 43 years. For almost 25 of those years Mary lived with a death-defying brain tumor. In 1983, Mary was told she had 6 weeks to live. But God!
"Swing Wide the Gates" tells the life of how Wayne and then together with Mary visited more than 30 nations, and the God adventures they did following the discovery of Mary's tumour.
This book will challenge that you, too, can live a walk of faith in Jesus Christ.
Purchase from Life Resources...
Purchase Kindle version from Amazon...
Forward by Brent Douglas
Faith is often understood when seen in the lives of those who truly are standing in faith and seeing God do the impossible. Wayne is one such man. His faith in God through Jesus Christ saw Mary his wife gain over 24 years in life, defying the medical profession. Along with Mary, he saw miracles of intervention, provision and 'making a way possible' when there seemed no other way. The result has meant thousands upon thousands of persecuted believers around the world strengthened because of his faith, risk-taking and laying down of his own life for the life of others. And yet Wayne is like all of us: an "ordinary Christian" but one saved by grace, healed of the scars of sin and ready to do God's will, however that might be revealed.
I remember the years as a growing passion for the persecuted church developed in his heart. I remember the many personal struggles he faced in his own life and character. I remember the heartaches as I stood with him, in faith, for Mary's healing. I remember also the day she died. And yet through all those years, my friend, my ministry peer, developed this faith to become one of the most outstanding men of God I have ever known.
To that extent this book will inspire all "ordinary Christians" that no matter your background or your journey in life, God can use you.
2 Timothy 2:1-7 (NASB)
- You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
- The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
- Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
- No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.
- Also if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.
- The hard-working farmer ought to be the first to receive his share of the crops.
- Consider what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.
Swing Wide the Gates is Wayne's teaching to all who read this book; a true soldier in active service. May the Lord give you, the reader, understanding of everything contained herein.
Encounter Christian Centre